MEMBERS PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL CLUB ACTIVITIES ARE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
The Wooden Boat Association was formed in 1989 for people who enjoy wooden boats and wooden boat building.
In 2019 we celebrated the Club's 30th anniversary!
Click here to listen to Founding Member Colin Hunt recall the early days of the WBA at the 30th Anniversary celebartions in July 2019.
Members appreciate wooden boats for their aesthetic qualities, the beauty of the boats and the materials from which they are constructed, and the pure romance of wooden boats.
In this age of mass production, each wooden boat is as individual as her owner.
Find out more about the club, its members and activities under the About Us tab.
Complete an online membership form to join the Wooden Boat Association today!
Membership is open to all wooden boat enthusiasts. Many members own boats, others do not, but all enjoy the chance to get together and "muck about with boats". Their boats include rowing boats, putt-putts, radio controlled models, pond yachts, canoes, kayaks, steam-powered boats, sailing dinghies, dayboats and ocean-going yachts.
Whilst the Wooden Boat Association is based in Melbourne, with regular sailing days scheduled on Albert Park Lake, as well as other venues around Melbourne, and at least one weekend each year elsewhere in the state.
Especially welcome is the first-time wooden boat builder or restorer, who can expect to receive ample advice and assistance in getting their dream onto the water.
You can download a copy of our Rules of Association here.
Benefits of Wooden Boat Association Membership
- Become part of a friendly and sociable group of people with a common interest in wooden boats.
- Receive Shavings, a monthly newsletter bringing timely news about events and activities in Victoria.
- Regular meetings with a wide range of interesting speakers and activities. Our usual venue is the Albert Park Yacht Club, visits to other venues are also scheduled.
- Monthly sailing days, on Albert Park Lake and other locations close to Melbourne.
- Use of the Association's own boats, two traditional sailing boats, Begonia and Lindsay Symons, our canoe Stringybark, and our extremely rare Port Philip 12.
- Access to the Association's extensive library of boatbuilding and other nautical books.
- Companionship with sister associations in other states.
Contacting the Wooden Boat Association
President: Chris Kelly 0438 519033 email@example.com
Secretary: Leigh McNolty 0428 218 062 firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer: Sharon Drinkall 0410 446 720 email@example.com
Post: P.O. Box 5237 South Melbourne Victoria 3205
General enquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Joining the Wooden Boat Association
Join the Wooden Boat Association today, by completing our online membership form.
You can also download a membership form you can print here.